The best place to start looking for a home for sale in Scottsdale AZ, as far as we believe, is to start by working with a Scottsdale Realtor. We believe that is the best way for you to be certain that you found your Scottsdale dream home, and that you are getting the best possible deal that you could get. If you are a first time buyer, or you have purchased a home before, we believe that this page will help you to understand the buying process a little better, before you make a decision.
The Scottsdale AZ real estate market of today, is always changing, there are many different ways that you can find your Scottsdale, AZ. dream home. We recommend that you start, and finish the entire house buying process, with a Scottsdale AZ Realtor.
Welcome to Homes For Sale In Scottsdale AZ. We would like to start by taking the time to thank you for allowing us to show you how we can help you with all your real estate needs, when it comes to buying a Scottsdale AZ home for sale. We welcome you to this page of information, and we believe that ever person thinking about buying a house should find this information to be helpful.
The steps to buying a home, condo, townhouse, or loft, are essentially the same, and this article will cover the general buying process, step by step.
In today’s Scottsdale, AZ. real estate market, there are currently, as of the writing of this article, 2,692 active listings, in Scottsdale, that are single family detached, Scottsdale AZ homes for sale, listed in the city of Scottsdale MLS alone. The price of all the active Scottsdale AZ homes for sale, starts at $89,000.00 for a 2 bedroom, 1.75 bath, with 1,137 sq-ft of living space, that is a Short Sale, and sitting on .15 acres of land, that was built in 1961.
The other end of the active Scottsdale AZ homes for sale, ends at $15,000,000 for a 8 bedroom, 11 bath, luxury Scottsdale home built in 2006, and sitting on .3.43 acres, with an additional 3.96 acres available, and with almost 20,000 sq-ft under roof, including the caretaker’s cottage.
Looking at the Scottsdale real estate market, you see that there are that many homes to choose from, and with that wide of a price range, it should be easy for you to see why the first thing you should do, before you even think about looking, is to start working with a Scottsdale AZ Realtor. This entire article, could be filled with with nothing but reasons why you should work with a Scottsdale AZ Realtor, when buying one of the 2,600+ Scottsdale AZ homes for sale, and it would still not cover all the reasons.
Before we continue, there are a few myths about using a Realtor, when buying a home for sale in Scottsdale Arizona, or any property, that we would like to clear up.
First, in most cases, there is no fee paid by a buyer, when buying a Scottsdale AZ. home for sale. The fee, or commission, is paid by the seller of the property.
Second, a Realtor who knows what they are doing, will always be able to negotiate a better deal on the property, than you could by yourself, showing there is really no money to be saved by trying to buy a home for sale in Scottsdale Arizona, without using a Realtor.
Third, there are some who think there is no difference between getting a Scottsdale Realtor to work with, and just calling the sign on the property, and using that Realtor, to purchase the property. The information on the yard sign, belongs to the Agent, or Realtor, that represents the seller of the property, and while you can call them, and work with them, you will still get the best deal by working with a Realtor that represents only you.
(1) Now that you have a Scottsdale AZ Realtor that you can work with, the next step, in buying a home for sale in Scottsdale Arizona, is to get a lender to pre-qualify you for the loan, assuming that you are not going to be purchasing the house with cash. If you are going to be paying cash for the property, then you can skip the lender step, and start working with your Scottsdale Realtor on locating your ideal property. If you do need a loan, getting pre-qualified with a lender, will not only save you a lot of time, it will be required, by the seller, in most cases before your purchase contract will be accepted.
(2) The Scottsdale AZ Realtor you are working with, will already have a good working relationship with several different lenders. You should be advise to talk with a few different lenders, to find out who will get you the best rate and terms, and who you feel the most comfortable working with. The lender will require some pretty standard items, like:
1) Last two years income tax returns.
2) 24 months work history, including, pay stubs if you have them.
3)Credit report, If you have a copy of your credit report they can start with that, however, they will need to get a fresh credit report for the file, once you have made a choice of lenders.
When you have supplied the lender with everything that is required, and the lender does his job of getting you the best terms and rate for your loan, you will receive what is called an LSR,(Loan Status Report), and that along with your contract, will be needed to get your offer accepted, on any home you are getting a loan.
(3) Once you have your Scottsdale AZ Realtor, and the lender has supplied you with an LSR, the LSR will state the amount of loan that you qualify for, then you and your Realtor can again, discuss particulars of what kind of property you want, and where you would like it to be.
Your Scottsdale Realtor will be able to start sending you properties in your price range in the areas you want to live, to your email, and then you can decide what homes you would like to see. Now that you have narrowed the list of homes to 3 or 4, that you would like to see,(more than 4 in a day, and they will start blending together, and you will be wasting your time, your Scottsdale Realtor can schedule appointments to see the properties.
(4) Now that you have decided on a property that you would like to make an offer on, your Scottsdale AZ Realtor will provide you with all the comparable properties that have sold in the area. Your Scottsdale Realtor will go over all the comparable properties and compare each to the home you like. Now your Scottsdale Realtor should point out all the pros and cons of the property you like, you should look at the property as if you were getting ready to sell it.
(5) Now you should be ready to make an offer on the property. I want to stress a Very Important Fact, you always make money in real estate when you buy a property, not when you sell it. When you sell a property you are only getting the proceeds of the sale. When you buy a property you need to make sure that you are getting the best property, for the least amount of money, in the best area, with the best rate and terms, for the loan you will have. This is just one of the reasons you need a great Scottsdale AZ Realtorto work with. Your Scottsdale Realtor should be pointing out to you the condition of the property, what might be a repair, or replacement cost in the future, and many more things that should be considered before making an offer.
(6) So you are now ready to make an offer on the property. Once you have made an offer that you feel is the best offer that you want to make on the property, you will have to wait until the seller has had a chance to review it. The seller has a few options,
1) they can accept it just as it is.
2) They can provide your Scottsdale AZ Realtor with a counter offer.
3) They can reject your offer completely. If they accept your offer than you move on to the next step. If they provide your Realtor with a counter offer, then the negotiations begin. If they reject your offer, your Realtor should find out if there is anything that can be done to make it work, and if not, then you simply move on to finding another property.
(7) Your offer has been accepted. Now you can open escrow with the title company that you and your Scottsdale AZ Realtor decided on when you created the offer. Once you have opened escrow, you need to schedule an inspection of the property, and your Scottsdale Realtor will also supply your lender with a copy of the purchase contract. Once you have completed your inspection you have a few choices.
1) You can accept the property as is.
2) you can request that the seller make repairs.
3) You can decide that you no longer want to purchase the property, and cancel the contract.
(8) OK, let work on the aspect that you have decided to take that home as is, and you are ready to continue along the process of buying a Scottsdale AZ home. Now you can tell the lender to make sure the appraisal is order for the property. You also need to make sure that all the necessary paperwork that the lender has asked you for, you have supplied. Once you have all your paperwork given to the lender, and the appraisal has been done, then the lender will submit everything to loan underwriting. The underwriting process can take a day or two, in most cases, and can take up to a week.
(9) Now you are ready for loan documents to be delivered to title. Once the title company has your loan docs, you can go in and sign. It is a good idea to have your Scottsdale AZ Realtorattend your signing, just in-case you have some questions about what you are signing. Your Scottsdale Realtor has been with you since the beginning of the process and you should have a great working relationship by now, and you will trust their answers more that the title person.
(10) OK, you are almost done, and ready to move in. Before you move in there are some last minute details that need to be taken care of.
1) You need to do a final walk through of the home, with your Scottsdale AZ Realtor, to ensure that everything is as it should be.
2) You need to schedule that all the utilities are turned on in your name, water, electricity, gas, cable, phone, etc.
3) You need to decide if you are moving yourself, or if you are having a mover handle all the details, and make appropriate arrangements.
(11) Congratulations, you are ready to take ownership of your new home. The title company will have recorded the deed in your name, and you will receive the keys to your home. Now you can move in and enjoy many wonderful years in your new home. Now your Scottsdale AZ Realtor should be in contact with you on a consistent basis, at least if you were my client, we would stay in contact. I would be wanting to provide the same level of service to all your friends and family members, and to you again when you decide to move to a different home.
We are always here to answer any questions that you may have, and all you need to do is Contact Us. If you would like to see more information about buying a home, and see properties in other cities, just follow this link, Buying.